Providing our planet with a secure and sustainable supply of safe and healthy food is one of the greatest challenges of our time. The University of Bayreuth‘s innovative master’s programme “M.Sc. Global Food, Nutrition and Health“ provides its graduates with the skills required to help address this global challenge.
- Develop a global and social scientific perspective on food, nutrition and health, drawing on political science, sociology, law, psychology and other disciplines
- Prepare for career paths in international organizations, development cooperation, state agencies or NGOs
- International exchange and internship opportunities
- Modern facilities on a new campus in Kulmbach
- Language of instruction: English, international student community
- Duration: 2 years of full-time study
- Academic requirements: Bachelor degree in nutrition or health sciences, e.g. in (food and) health sciences, nutrition sciences, health economics, nursing/care, psychology, social sciences, politics, medicine or public health. A language certificate GERMAN level A1 (CEFR) can be obtained during the first year of studies.
- Application: online via the application portal CAMPUSonline. Applicants from outside the EU who have obtained their degree abroad have to upload the application documents also via uni-assist and undergo a fee-based special procedure.
- No tuition fees
Why come to us?
- Internationality: The University of Bayreuth has long-standing partnerships with international universities and offers 13,500 students from all over the world the ideal place to launch their career. Our university hosts students, instructors and researchers from more than 100 different countries.
- Location: The study programme takes place at the Faculty of Life Sciences: Food, Nutrition and Health in Kulmbach (Bavaria). Our faculty will complement and strengthen the already existing food cluster at this location, consisting of recognized research institutes, leading authorities and companies.
- Vision: The faculty perspective is innovative in Germany, trying to find answers to global challenges in the field of life sciences through interdisciplinary teaching and research. Thus, the scientific analysis of the interrelationship between nutrition, movement and health are combined with relevant economic, legal, and sociological questions.
- 15 June 2024
For more information, see www.globalfood.uni-bayreuth.de
Come to us and shape the future!